Friday 12 August 2011

So what the blog is this all about then?

The honest answer would be that I am not really sure.  A friend of mine recently introduced me to the world of blogging and thought this may be fun.  Being a bit of an A-type personality though decided that I need to have a purpose along with my general ramblings.

Being a relatively new mum to an 8 month old son and returning to work part time I have found the last few months a bit of a roller-coaster.  The highs have been unbelievable, the lows heartbreaking and the in-betweens mostly hilarious and generally messy.  One thing that has been a huge help from the very beginning though was the advice from other mums.  There are just some things that books, midwives, baby clinics and the internet won't tell you that an honest friend, over coffee, or a whole load of wine, will.  At the end of the day parenting seems like the ultimate obstacle course that the majority of us feel like often we are scaling blindfolded and any little glimpse along the way can really help.

So I think this blog will be mostly about the experiences me, Mr B (the husband) and Baby W have along our way.  I will aim to let you know the good, the bad and the ugly of the baby and toddler products and services we encounter along our obstacle course in the hope it may help out one or two other dazzled frazzled mums.

No comments:

Post a Comment